Life Compass offers therapeutic services to assist couples, families, children, and individuals develop in their unique personal journeys through compassionate, personalized counseling.
We believe that every person is unique and every situation different. That’s why we utilize an individualized, interactive, and solution-focused approach. Our approach integrates a variety of complementary therapeutic methods and counseling techniques to offer a highly-personalized approach to each of our clients.
We specialize in helping clients with trauma-informed therapeutic models and presenting issues such as PTSD, trauma, anxiety, depression and a broad spectrum of other mental challenges. We also help our clients overcome personal phase-of-life issues and provide career coaching.
Clinical supervision is provided by Lee Ockenden, LMFT, Carmen Isais, LMFT
We are currently hiring:
+ Licensed Therapists
+ Unlicensed (Associate) Therapists
Associate Therapist Requirements:
- Master’s Degree
- Registration with the BBS as a Marriage and Family Therapist Associate (AMFT), Associate Social Worker (ASW), or Associate Professional Clinical Counselor (APCC).
- OR enrollment in a Master’s Degree program and approval from your school to begin working at a traineeship site (trainee volunteer program).
- All Trainees or Interns must maintain their own private liability and malpractice insurance.
Therapists must maintain a professional atmosphere and uphold all legal and ethical standards. Therapists will conduct assessments, create treatment plans, implement interventions and techniques, and maintain confidential client records.
The position is a paid commission-based position based on the fees that you collect.
The hours are flexible, however, some structured evenings and weekends will be necessary. You are free to be creative with your therapeutic process while discussing it with the supervisor. Weekly supervision is provided and mandatory.
This is a great opportunity for those wishing to begin learning about private practice, non-profit practice, and building a “specific to you” clientele caseload.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call Carmen at 530.601.1003.
Licensed Therapist Requirements:
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to clients’ treatment
- Assess clients’ mental condition based on a review of client information, interviews, observation, tests, and collaboration with other staff members
- Must be willing and able to conduct telehealth and in-person counseling at either our Huntington Beach, Fullerton, or Murrieta Offices.
- Serve as a client advocate to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on the client’s presenting problems and goals
- Timely completion of progress notes and other clinical documentation
- Conduct initial family assessments and refer patients, clients, or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary
- Follow guidelines set forth by governing mental health licensing jurisdiction
- Willing to market, promote, and network on social media and in-person, for the purpose of enhancing professional visibility and connection with potential referral sources
Qualifications for Mental Health Therapist
- 2+ years as a licensed therapist with experience providing diagnostic assessment and therapy services to a full range of individuals from youth through adulthood
- Valid license as an LMFT, LCSW, Clinical Psychologist
- Maintain professional licensure and/or certification throughout employment with CAV Family Therapy
- Ability to work as a team member and cooperatively
- Must be able to work flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends on occasion
- Superb organizational skills
- Ability to guide, direct, or influence people
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with mentally or emotionally disabled persons and their families.
Please email your resume or questions to Carmen Isais or call 530.601.1003